When you visit our website www.yieldr.com and use the contact on our homepage we collect and process the personal data that you provide to us, including your name, email adress or phone number. We use this information to reply to your information request, or for marketing communication correspondence. We never share this information with third parties.
If you have opt-out and wish to opt back in you may use the cookie settings in your browser to clear the Yieldr opt-out cookie or follow the same link above.
What Kind of Data is Being Collected by Yieldr Cookies and How is it Used?
We believe it is very important that you know what data Yieldr collects with cookies and that you know which cookies our technology uses and for what purposes they are used.
Below is an overview of the cookies we use, what data they collect and how long they are used.
Cookies That Ensure That the Yieldr Service Functions Properly
- Passing on information from one page to the next, for instance when a long survey is being filled out or when you need to fill in a lot of data for an online order.
- Storing settings for optimal video playback, such as choosing to show a video, desired buffer size and the resolution data of your screen.
Below is a list of the cookies we use, what data they collect and how long they are used.
|Name||Placed By||Reason||How Long|
|ydmk[set]||Yieldr(254a.com)||Opt-in for dynamic content. This is done to be able to see whether or not you want to see dynamic content(such as a Flash film clip)||30 days|
|tuuid(opt-out)||Yieldr(254a.com)||Opt-out cookie so that Yieldr do-not-track mechanism works properly||5 years|
Cookies to Show Banner Advertisements
The cookies make it possible to:
- Track what you have already seen to avoid showing you the same banner again.
- Track how many visitors click on the banner.
- Track how many orders have been placed through the banner. To be able to show relevant banners to you Yieldr remembers for 30 days that you have been on the site of an advertiser. Sometimes Yieldr also remembers that you have seen a certain category of product or service on the site of an advertiser, such as a flat screen television. In the days following your visit to the website of the advertiser Yieldr will show you banners of that advertiser to remind you that you have been to their site.
If Yieldr remembers that you have viewed a certain category of product or service on the site of the advertiser then they will adapt the content of the banner based on certain general rules of the advertiser. For example, all visitors who have searched on the site of the advertiser for a travel destination will possibly get to see a banner for this destination or a travel related product in the ca. 30 days after their search. These rules are determined by the advertiser and will not be adapted to your personal browsing behaviour on sites other than the ones of the advertiser.
If you have bought a product or service on the site of the advertiser, Yieldr automatically gets notified. We use this conversion information only to calculate averages to show how successful an advertising campaign is. We never use the data of one advertiser for another advertiser.
How is it Possible That I See the Same Banner on Different Websites?
|Name||Placed By||Reason||How Long|
|tuuid||Yieldr(254a.com)||This cookie has a unique user ID (randomly created by Yieldr) on the basis of which Yieldr can remember what banners you have been seen and if you have visited the website of an advertiser. Yieldr uses this information only for that specific advertiser to be able to determine when and how often you will see a certain banner||5 years|
|uf||Yieldr(254a.com)||With this Yieldr keeps track of how many Yieldr banners you have been seen.||30 days|
|ipcc||Yieldr(254a.com)||To keep track of how many visitors click on the banner.||30 days|
|ipvc||Yieldr(254a.com)||To keep track of what banners you have already seen in order to avoid that you keep seeing the same banners.||30 days|
|synced||Yieldr(254a.com)||Cookie to be able to use various online advertising providers.||30 days|
These cookies make it possible:
- For the websites of advertisers to register your visit in order to try and assess your interests.
- To see if you have clicked on an advert.
- To use third-party services to show you adverts.
Here below is a list of the cookies, what data they collect and how long they are used. This information is last validated and edited on 10 July 2014.
For the cookies that our third parties place for advertising purposes, we refer you to the disclaimers that they provided on the subject on their own websites; see the names and links below. Note that these disclaimers change regularly and that Yieldr has no influence in the matter.
Other / Unforeseen Cookies
Due to the way in which Internet and websites work, it is possible that we do not always have insight into the cookies that are placed through our banners by third parties. This is particularly the case when our banners contain embedded elements such as texts, documents, images or film clips that are stored by another party, but that are shown on, in or through our banners.
Should you encounter cookies on this website that fall into this category which we have not mentioned here above, please let us know. Or contact the third party directly and ask which cookies they have placed, what the reason for this is, what the lifetime of the cookie is and in what way they have safeguarded your privacy.
Additional Information About Data Categories, Use and Retention Periods
Besides the above-mentioned data that Yieldr collects and processes, there are also the following types of data, per banner:
- The URL of the site visited, at root level of the website visited: for instance telegraph.com and not the page you visited.
- General data about the browser used, for instance whether it is Chrome or Firefox, and what version.
- If you visit the website with a desktop/laptop or tablet/smartphone.
- The version and language of the operating system used.
- Upon access, the geographical location of the visitor based on the IP address, at the country or region level.
As well Yieldr also collects and processes:
- The IP address partly (the address of the Internet connection). This information is kept encrypted.
- Conversion data: if you have bought a product or service on the site of the advertiser, then the advertiser lets us know. Often the advertiser also indicates what the value is of the product or service you bought.
Yieldr uses the data it collects for the following purposes:
- The URL of the site visited, browser data, type of device used, the version and language of the operating system used, and geographical data: to decide based on statistical rules whether a certain advert could be more relevant to you or that you click more quickly on an advert. Based on this Yieldr decides whether or not they will show you an advert.
- IP address: for fraud detection. We look at whether or not too many clicks on our banners come from the same IP address.
- Conversion data: to be able to settle accounts with the advertiser for the banners shown and to no longer show you banners (for a specific campaign from) this advertiser.
Yieldr Shares the Following Data with Third Parties
The conversion data received by a client Yieldr then shares with the same client so that they can check whether or not Yieldr has counted more conversions than there were according to the client. For the rest, Yieldr only shares aggregated data with its clients. We never use the data of an advertiser for another advertiser.
Yieldr saves all collected data for a maximum of 90 days, excluding the IP address, which is stored for no more than 24 hours.
Yieldr takes reasonable steps to protect all information that they process against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or notification. Yieldr takes physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the data it processes. By doing so we limit access to this information to authorised employees and suppliers needing this information to be able to carry out their work.
Your Rights with Regards to Your Data
Yieldr does not view the Yield banner advertising data it uses as “personal data” under the applicable law (Data Protection Act 1998). Likewise, we do not collect or process sensitive personal data such as data on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, or sex life. We also do not knowingly collect data from children under the age of 12.
However, if you want to correct, update or delete the banner advertising data we have, or if you would like to correct, update or delete the personal data that you have provided to us via the contact form on our homepage, you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Yieldr does not view the Yield banner advertising data it uses as “personal data” under the applicable law (Data Protection Act 1998). Likewise, we do not collect or process sensitive personal data such as data on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, or sex life. We also do not knowingly collect data from children under the age of 12.
We participate in the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) self-regulatory programs and adhere to the EDAA Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. EDAA principally acts as the central licensing body for the OBA Icon and provides technical means for consumers to exercise transparency and control over OBA through the youronlinechoices.eu online consumer choice platform. EDAA is governed by EU-level organisations which make up the value chain of OBA within Europe and acts to ensure European consistency in approach. Click here to learn more about the EDAA.
OBA Trust Seal
The EDAA Trust Seal from independent industry Certification Provider ABC, demonstrating their compliance with the EU Self-Regulatory Programme for Online Behavioural Advertising (OBA). Earning the Trust Seal is the important last step in the process for Third Parties committed to the self-regulatory programme. The Trust Seal demonstrates compliance and inspires trust in the market. For more information on the ABC click here.
Modifications and Contact
We will need to adapt these statements occasionally, for instance if we modify our website or if the rules on cookies or privacy change. We may always modify the content of the statements and the cookies that are stated in the lists without prior warning. You can view this web page for the latest version.
Should you have any questions and/or comments, or wish to make a complaint, contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by writing to:
Yieldr UK Limited
Attn: Yieldr Privacy Officer
1 Fetter Lane London
Version 1 December 2014
Cookies were last updated on 1 December 2014
This information can be viewed on http://www.yieldr.com/privacy.html